

We finally went sledding last Saturday. Brian took us up to Devils which turned out to be...ok. First, he tested out a slope that went out onto the water. (Just a side note... I swore up and down that sledding on to water that is not 100% solid is a BAD idea. But apparently mom's warnings can just be blown off because "she doesn't know what she's talking about.") He went down first and all was well, until he decided to stand up and walk back. Thats when his foot started sinking into the water! I freaked out and told him he was going to get frostbite and we should go home. (Some may call me paranoid, I like to say I'm cautious.) Needless to say, he said he was fine and we found a new spot. There was a kind of ledge that we turned into a jump and Brian and Brynn had a great time going off of it. They'd launch off the jump, bounce and keep going. The details aren't important, but I did not share their enthusiasm and ended up injuring myself multiple times. Is 24 too young to say "I'm too old for this"? Anyways, Brynn had a great time and wanted to stay out there all day and night, and that's what matters. Hopefully we'll go again before the snow melts.
Looks like tons of fun! I have been wanting to take the boys sledding but you know how Harley hates the snow, so maybe we should go together, and he would feel peer pressured into going!
ReplyDelete